I've wanted to start a blog for a long time, but haven't really had the ideas or willing to spare the time for such a thing. I enjoy writing, preferring the mode of words written rather than words spoken as my outlet for sharing ideas and thoughts. And believe me, I have lots to share. People probably don't think so because I spend most of my group time listening rather than talking. But when I leave group settings I tend to feel drained rather than fulfilled. Hence, the desire for a blog of sorts to share what I've wanted to say :)
I've been sick most of the week and pretty much can't leave the bedroom until tonight when I'm not contagious. So...What better time to start a blog than when stuck quarantined in your bedroom for strep throat?
As my husband and I are a newly-married couple with no kids yet, you may be wondering why I have to be shut in the bedroom. After all, this is the time of life when a person has the most free reign of their house besides the empty-nest years. My husband and I are renting a house with another young married couple, some friends of ours. Yes, it's unusual. Yes, it's sometimes frustrating. But yes, we've had some really fun times and have made some great memories to share with our kids in the future, whom we are convinced are going to be as great of friends as we four are :) I'm convinced that the husbands are brothers from another realm, and we wives have become closer friends than I imagine any sisters-in-law can become.
As I post things, it will become clearer what I mean by the title of the blog. But here is an explanation in a nutshell (or, maybe a tad bit larger than a nutshell...). I should have been born sometime between 1880 and 1950. That's just about the gist of it. I love old-fashioned things, love the simplicity and beauty of those past decades. I long to know what it would be like to live in a world unencumbered by the fast-paced way of modern life. As a little girl, I'd spend hours reading and daydreaming about life in the Little House on the Prairie books. I wanted to wear dresses, bake things, splash barefoot through streams, and learn how to sew by firelight on snowy nights. As I've grown up, my favorite things have changed very little, and include such things as: homemaking (practically everything that word includes), writing to my pen pals, cooking and baking, sewing, reading, and still...daydreaming. Hubby and I want to live on our own self-sufficient farm someday, and I can barely wait until that day.
Well, it's about time to take some more Tylonol and get another popsicle. Have a lovely day, my friends!
~Jamie
I've been sick most of the week and pretty much can't leave the bedroom until tonight when I'm not contagious. So...What better time to start a blog than when stuck quarantined in your bedroom for strep throat?
As my husband and I are a newly-married couple with no kids yet, you may be wondering why I have to be shut in the bedroom. After all, this is the time of life when a person has the most free reign of their house besides the empty-nest years. My husband and I are renting a house with another young married couple, some friends of ours. Yes, it's unusual. Yes, it's sometimes frustrating. But yes, we've had some really fun times and have made some great memories to share with our kids in the future, whom we are convinced are going to be as great of friends as we four are :) I'm convinced that the husbands are brothers from another realm, and we wives have become closer friends than I imagine any sisters-in-law can become.
As I post things, it will become clearer what I mean by the title of the blog. But here is an explanation in a nutshell (or, maybe a tad bit larger than a nutshell...). I should have been born sometime between 1880 and 1950. That's just about the gist of it. I love old-fashioned things, love the simplicity and beauty of those past decades. I long to know what it would be like to live in a world unencumbered by the fast-paced way of modern life. As a little girl, I'd spend hours reading and daydreaming about life in the Little House on the Prairie books. I wanted to wear dresses, bake things, splash barefoot through streams, and learn how to sew by firelight on snowy nights. As I've grown up, my favorite things have changed very little, and include such things as: homemaking (practically everything that word includes), writing to my pen pals, cooking and baking, sewing, reading, and still...daydreaming. Hubby and I want to live on our own self-sufficient farm someday, and I can barely wait until that day.
Well, it's about time to take some more Tylonol and get another popsicle. Have a lovely day, my friends!
~Jamie
No comments:
Post a Comment